Monday, November 12, 2012

Finals and the Final Countdown

There are many benefits to being a Mercyhurst student in the future, and the best one that I can think of right now is the switch over to a semester system! Historically Mercyhurst has featured a 10-week trimester system, but there is going to be a calendar change in the fall of 2013 to implement 14-week semesters with a January term in-between. As a science major, the J-term system is going to be incredibly beneficial. In my opinion, lengthening to semesters won't make our classes so rushed!! Which would be really beneficial right now because its finals week

the plan for this week


So I am already one final down and two more to go before New Orleans and the service trip of a lifetime (for the second time of course!!!)

For some reason I am much more excited for NOLA 2012. I know I had so much fun last year and I think that the anticipation to do good for others and enjoy myself is what is fueling my finals right now. I am so looking forward to seeing familiar places and exploring a little more of the beautiful city!

For those of you who haven't read my previous posts about New Orleans, Mercyhurst always does a few immersion trips throughout the year through rebuilds in New Orleans over Thanksgiving break and Habitat for Humanity over spring break. It is literally an awesome way for students to spend their extra week at home doing a little extra something for others!!

Some of last year's NOLA group on the Mississippi River

That's all for now!! Stay tuned on updates after finals from New Orleans!

Adrianne

No comments:

Post a Comment